Celebrating my most treasured Women - Part 1 – Mom & Sisters

For me 0.001% is still hope that there is a chance of a better tomorrow. This Women’s day I wish to raise a toast and shower my adoration to the women that have given me this hope, stood for & by me as an angel when I needed support and taught me compassion.

In this first part, I wish to let my hearts love flow out for my Mother & my two lovely sisters - the most important people in my life. This series of adoration will have two more parts - one for some individual women who have influenced who I am today and have been close to me and the third part will cover a few my favorite & inspiring ladies of Prayas.

My Mother

Oliver Wendell Holmes quote:
~ Youth fades; love droops; the leave of friendship fall, A mother's secret hope outlives them all. ~

Unlike the many ephemeral / passing statements of hope that we receive in our moments of low, as Oliver Wendell rightly states in his quote, a mother’s silent hope and devotion stands tall and gets us through the drear and dreads of life.

My mother’s reassurance during some difficult times and her warm arms that I could retire to when I return home has taken me through the many heartbreaks of life. Her smile has an elixir effect on me every time I think about it, and I miss her every moment she is not around.

My Sister’s mock her when Mom tells them that she heard me calling out to her, when I am not at home. To add, one of the best moments of my life that I keep recollecting and feel blessed are the ones when I return home and call out to my Mom, ‘Mummy !’, as I reach the gate at our home in Kerala. And then she comes rushing out with a smile – undemanding, grateful & finally at peace! Life, could not be better!

My two lovely sisters – Veena & Vidya

Deborah Moggach’s quote:
~ Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don't love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends. ~

Mom’s devotion & innocence seems to have rubbed off on both them; at least mostly. They have taken from Dad a deep sense of sincerity to friendships and relationships they make. A great mix, as you may agree, for making a compassionate and caring individual.

To add to that is a dash of independence that they have grown to possess. Especially now after 3 years of being in college and with the many challenges that colleges offer from roadside Romeos, tight string pocket money budgets, reasoning with Dad & Me to go for trips, etc.

I see and wish deeply that these two women become into more than just somebody’s wife or just another person. I pray that they become able to make strong decisions not just for themselves but also be able to guide and support others.

Happy Women's Day to all Mothers & Sisters !!

Comments

selva ganapathy said…
So very touching dude!.. Celebrate Feminism... not just on the international women's day but all the days around! :)....
दर्शन said…
An Always philosophical Arun is writing & expressing the deep hidden(these emotions very rarely come out) emotions inside him ...
really wonderful post with simple & touching words ...

I salute every such woman in all of us life !!

I agree to the extent that "Woman day" is not a day to celebrate but everyday it should be given the prior Value !!

Strength ,Power,Love,Care,Beauty ,Motherhood all are synonyms of a Woman..
Happy Woman day !!
Linky said…
Thanks Arun for your nice words..
nayani said…
I just read the entire post..its just so thoughtful of you!Touching..!

Popular posts from this blog

Men, take your Women more seriously !

The Rain was drenched in Love ...

Conversations with Time [POEM]